What is Heat Insulation?
Heat Insulation is the process adopted to prevent heat transfer between outside and inside of the building also known as thermal insulation. Nowadays thermal insulation has become an essential part of building construction due to its various advantages.
Common Heat (Thermal) Insulation Materials in Nairobi Kenya:
Kenworks Ventures Company Limited holds in stock a wide variety of heat insulation materials as below:
- Ceramic Fiber Insulation
- Rockwool (Mineral Wool) Insulation
- Fiber Glasswool Insulation
- Polyethylene (PE) Foam Insulation
- Armaflex Insulation
- Styrofoam Insulation
Advantages of Heat Insulation
The rooms or buildings that are thermally insulated remain warmer in winter and cooler in summer. Hence, thermally insulated building provides great comfort both in summer and winter. A building provided with thermal-insulation requires less power to maintain the desired temperature conditions in the building. This saves energy and extra costs.
- No need of AC, cooler, heater etc.
- Thermal-insulation prevents the roof deck from cracking.
- Expansion joints are not required in a structure during construction.
- The materials that are used in thermal-insulation are lightweight than concrete which reduces the dead weight on the roof slab.
- Thermal insulating materials are manufactured from recycled materials.
- It is easy to install.
- It is fire resistance.
- Maintenance is not required.
- It is environment-friendly.