WHAT IS VERMICULITE?
Vermiculite is a naturally-occurring mineral composed of shiny flakes resembling Mica. We produce it in different grades or sizes. When heated to high temperature, vermiculite flakes expand 8-30 times their original size (a process called exfoliation) and loses weight. We use exfoliated vermiculite in different markets namely horticultural, agricultural, construction and industry. Kenworks Ventures Company Limited are the largest producers of Agricultural vermiculite in Uganda +254 722 706 416.
Agricultural Vermiculite in Uganda +254 722 706 416 is a light, versatile and safe mineral used in the horticultural, animal feed, insulation, packing, fireproofing and many other industries. Due to its inert properties it allows usage across a wide range of global sectors.
PROPERTIES MAKING VERMICULITE USEFUL IN HORTICULTURE/AGRICULTURE
Exfoliated vermiculite is an excellent germination and potting medium for gardening and horticulture, it can also be mixed with other mediums. Exfoliated Vermiculite is sterile and therefore needs to have nutrients added to the growing mixture. Further, we use Exfoliated Vermiculite in potting mixes in horticulture and gardening for the following reasons:
- Vermiculite improves soil aeration.
- Agricultural vermiculite increases soil moisture retention.
- vermiculite holds onto essential nutrients and minimizes fertilizer leaching.
- It has a near neutral PH.
- Exfoliated vermiculite is inorganic and sterile.
- It is much lighter in weight compared to other mediums.
ADVANTAGES OF USING EXFOLIATED Agricultural Vermiculite in Uganda +254 722 706 416
- It promotes early germination and improves yields.
- Plants survive longer in seasons of dry spells due to increased moisture retention.
- For crops under irrigation it means less water is required per hectare, thereby saving on energy costs, machine wear and tear and labor costs.
- Improves oxygen supply to roots.
- Excellent cation exchange properties results high nutrient retention.
- Excellent for pest and disease control.