Kenworks Ventures Company Limited is the leading supplier of Calcium Silicate Boards in Kenya and East Africa.
Calcium Silicate Boards are manufactured from a mixture of Portland cement, fine silica, special cellulose fibers and selected fillers to impart durability, toughness and moisture resistance. Calcium Silicate Sheet is then cured by an autoclaving process whereby the ingredients are reacted together under heated steam and high pressure.
Calcium Silicate boards will not degrade with time and within normal applications, the life of the product is limited only by the durability of the supporting structure and materials used in fastening. Calcium Silicate Board will not rot or support fungal growth and is unaffected by sunlight or steam. Calcium Silicate boards are designed for use in applications, where impact resistance, fireproofing, waterproofing, sound adsorption and heat isolation are required.
Qualities of Calcium Silicate Insulation
- Low bulk density
- Low thermal conductivity,
- Good thermal resistance,
- High strength,
- Light weight,
- Easy to install,
- Will not rot or support fungal growth,
- Unaffected by sunlight,
- Unaffected by steam,
- Absorb sound,
- Highly resistant to termites and attacks from other vermin.
- Calcium Silicate Board applications
- For external walls & ceilings,
- For internal walls, partitions and ceilings,
- As a sub-roof board, As the underlay board for floor and wall tiling,
- For decorative applications, As a fire protective solution.