Kenworks Ventures Company Limited is the leading supplier of chrome magnesite brick in the Kenyan Market and across the border. Magnesite Chrome Bricks is one of the major refractory products used in globally.
This refractory brick is made up of two major ingredients magnesium oxide (MgO) and chromium oxide (Cr2O3). The melting point of MgO – 2730 C, melting point of Cr2O3 – 2430 C so are super heat duty but both are having very low thermal shock resistance (TSR) due to different reasons which restricts them to use. But combining them gives a synergistic effect of high TSR, high strength, better bonding and corrosion resistance.
Magnesia Chrome Brick is a kind of basic refractory material with more than 90% magnesium oxide content and periclase as the main crystal phase, which has excellent properties of high refractoriness, high temperature strength, good thermal shock resistance and strong basic slag erosion resistance and is mainly used for steelmaking basic open-hearth furnace, electric furnace bottom and wall, permanent lining of oxygen converter, non-ferrous metal metallurgy furnace, high-temperature tunnel kiln, lining of rotary kiln, furnace bottom and wall of heating furnace, regenerative chamber of glass furnace and etc.
Refractoriness ℃: ≥ 2000 ℃
Bulk Density (g/cm3): ≥ 3.0
Apparent Porosity %: 14-18
Thermal expansion % 1000°C: ≥ 0.9
Thermal expansion % 1600°C: ≥ 1.6
Cold Crushing Strength Mpa: ≥ 40
0.2Mpa Refractoriness Under Load T0.6：1700
Mgo ≥：56; Cr2O3 % ≥：7；SiO2 % ≥：1.2
We can offer a huge gamut of Chrome Magnesite Bricks to our clients. These bricks are widely used in steel mill, metallurgy, cement factory, alumina industries worldwide. These bricks are reckoned for their low maintenance, tough construction, resistance against temperature and heat and durability. These are available in various sizes, shapes, patterns and designs as per their needs and demands. Moreover, these bricks are available at market leading prices.
The chrome magnesite bricks are in 3 types;
- Common Magnesite chrome brick is made by sintered magnesia and refractory level chrome ore as raw materials. The space between refractory grains is bonded with silicate.
- Direct-bonded Magnesite chrome brick is made by chrome ore with low content of impurities and pure magnesite, firing at the temperature above 1700°C.
- Semi-rebounded and Fuse-rebounded magnesite chrome brick are made by fused magnesite chrome sinter.
Chrome Magnesite Brick Features & Benefits
1. Low bulk density, low thermal conductivity, good thermal insulation performance.
2. Refractory category allow direct contact of fire, suitable for various atmosphere
3. Good integrity with furnace lining, long service life, easy operation.
4. Product specification: standard form, normal standard, shaped and special shaped bricks.
5. Can be used in various kilns because of its cheapness and general tray package.
Features of Chrome Magnesite Bricks:
- High on hardness
- High anti-erosion ability
- Excellent resistance to thermal shock
- Optimum resistance against alkaline gases
- High quality
For the Magnesia Chrome Brick, the maximum allowed environment temperature is 1700℃. It has features of high strength, high refractoriness under load, high alkali erosion resistance and high thermal shock resistance under the load conditions of 1500~1650℃ and also have big advantages of environmental protection and long service life.
(1) High temperature volume stability & strong slag resistance
(2) Highly refractory temperature, the refractory temperature is greater than 2000°C, and 1550-1600°C for the firing temperature .
(3) The load softening temperature is greater than 1550°C at a constant pressure of 0.2mpa.
(4) Excellent thermal shock resistance, resistance to quenching and rapid thermal performance than magnesium bricks.
Common Magnesia Chrome Brick
It is made from sintered magnesia and chrome ore, and sintered at high temperature, which is with higher bulk density and stronger thermal resistance than the magnesite brick, widely used in cement rotary kilns, glass kiln regenerators, permanent lining of steel furnace, and permanent lining of refining ladle.
Direct Bonded Magnesia-Chrome Brick
It is made from high purity magnesia and chromite materials and sintered under the high temperature in the tunnel kiln, it’s widely used in the lining of the RH/DH vessel , cement rotary kiln, glass tank furnace, non-ferrous metal metallurgical furnace, AOD, VOD furnaces, etc.
Re-Bonded Magnesia- Chrome Brick
It is made from fully electro-fused MgO-Cr2O3 grain, and fired under more than 1700 ° C with weak oxidizing atmosphere. It’s a high quality Magnesia Chrome product with excellent strength & volume stability at high temperature, excellent slag corrosion resistance and erosion resistance; widely used in second-refining furnance, like slag line of VOD and AOD, RH/DH’s snorkels and regenerators of glass kiln ,etc.
Semi-Re-Bonded Magnesia-Chrome Brick
It is made from electro fused MgO-Cr2O3 grain, fused magnesia, chromite and some sintered MgO-Cr2O3 grain, then fired at high temperature. It has some characteristics both direct bonded and re-bonded, like dense inner structure, lower porosity, good high temperature strength, thermal shock resistance is better than re-bonded, slag erosion resistance better than direct bonded. It can be used in sidewall of EAF, DH/RH degasser, VOD, LF, AOD’s side wall/bottom or free board and some serious parts like slag line, regenerators of glass furnace, etc.
1). Magnesia Chrome Brick is mainly used in metallurgical industry, such as for building open-hearth furnace top, electric furnace top, finery out of furnace and all kinds of non-ferrous metal metallurgy furnace.
2). Fused cast magnesite chrome brick is adopted for high temperature position of furnace wall in electric furnace with ultra high power.
3). Magnesia chrome brick that made of synthetic compost is adopted for strong erosion area in finery out of furnace.
4). Fused cast magnesite chrome brick or magnesia chrome brick that made of synthetic compost is adopted for strong erosion area of nonferrous metals flash smelting furnace.
5). Besides, Magnesia Chrome Brick also can be used for burning zone in rotary cement kiln and regenerative chamber in glass furnace.
6. Furnaces of metallurgy industry, heat treatment furnace
7. Furnaces of chemical industry and construction industry.
8. Furnace of incineration of garbage, CFB (circulating fluidized bed)
|Item||Commom Magnesia Chrome Brick||Direct-Bonded Magnesia Chrome Brick|
|Apparent Porosity %||17||18||18||18||18||18||18||18|
|Bulk Density g/cm3||3||3||3.02||3.05||3.02||3.04||3.06||3.08|
|Cold Crushing Strength Mpa||55||55||55||50||50||50||55||55|
|Refractoriness Under Load °C||1600||1600||1600||1600||1700||1700||1700||1700|
|Thermal expansion % 1000°C||/||/||/||/||1||1||1||0.9|
|Thermal expansion % 1600°C||/||/||/||/||1.8||1.8||1.8||1.6|
|Item||Fused Semi-rebond Magnesia Chrome Brick||Fused Rebonded Magnesia Chrome Brick|
|Apparent Porosity %||16||16||14||16||16||15||15|
|Bulk Density g/cm3||3.1||3.1||3.1||3.1||3.1||3.2||3.2|
|Cold Crushing Strength Mpa||40||40||40||40||40||50||50|
|Refractoriness Under Load °C||1700||1700||1700||1700||1700||1700||1700|